Saturday, December 20, 2014

December 2, 2014


Well I have an hour to email and my 3 word per minute typing speed is hard to email back to like 10 emails in an hour haha. But thanksgiving was great. The investigator didn’t show up we got flogged haha but something happened after that it was pretty cool. Me and elder Olsen felt we had to be here for a reason so we stayed there waiting for the guy for about 15 minutes. A guy can up and sat on a bench behind us and he was talking about how he had nowhere to go to someone on a phone he hung up and started crying. I and elder Olsen got up and sat next to him, he said his grandma died two days earlier and he was living with her but they kicked him out of the house because it wasn’t his. He had been staying on the streets for the past 2 days. Elder Olsen got up to call the bishop and see if we could help him out. When Olsen was on the phone the guy was asking like awesome questions to me. I told him a little bit about myself and why I was here then he asked about the church and what we do. I told him about church on Sundays and told him he should come he said he would uh they he asked what else do we do that is different. I got into prayer and he asked you guys pray? If I wanted to ask god for help how would I do that? So explained to him how to pray somehow that got into the sacrament I told him about that then he asked why we take it then I talked to him about baptism. He asked me what that was and I said that we do it the exact same way that Jesus Christ was baptized, by emersion. He got super excited and by the time elder Olsen sat back down he asked if we could come by and teach him more and that he would come to church and that he would look into getting baptized. It was pretty awesome haha. But we got him food for the weekend after he found a place to stay. he didn’t show up to church because he had to go out of town to help his brother do something but he should be back sometime this week and we will teach him then. It was pretty cool I bore my testimony like 5 times to him haha one for every one of the things he was asking me. That was probably like my favorite thing that happened this week or for my whole mission so far haha. We got to help somebody and it felt great doing it. I’m sorry I sent dad a one sentence email haha I was probably being kicked off so I had to cut it short. uh you can do either one with the pictures I can get them developed here that would probably be the quickest thing but yea I’m also getting kicked off right now I will see if I can stretch it and see if I can send a couple pictures to you haha love you have a good week.

Love

Jeremy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment